Thursday, September 20, 2012

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) Review


Is there really anything new that hasn't been said yet about "Raiders of the Lost Ark"? OK, if you're one of the ten people on this planet who hasn't seen this classic, then WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU WAITING FOR???? GO SEE IT!!!


As a matter of fact this film's just been re-released in IMAX with updated picture and sound quality and, boy, is it worth it. This is how a re-release has to look and sound like, the actual film remains untouched and I am more than grateful for that. I mean we shouldn't forget that George Lucas is involved in this project and we know that he has sold his film-making soul decades ago in favor of the almighty dollar:


But back to Indy. What an experience! I grew up on Indiana Jones and besides the abysmal "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" I hadn't seen a single one of the old Indy movies in theaters. But here was my chance and I was more than willing to take it.

To make a long story short (I don't wanna bore you with too much praise, we all know this film kicks some serious ass): I was sitting there feeling exhilarated like 6 year old on Christmas morning and just soaking up all the action, fun and excitement. I honestly don't care too much anymore that Spielberg is mostly churning out crap lately (read more here and here) but with "Raiders of the Lost Ark" he has made his masterpiece. A pretty much perfect blend of a B-Movie plot with ace direction, top notch cinematography, an iconic soundtrack and actors who are just having a blast. Again, if you haven't seen this film there is pretty much no way around it, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment