Friday, July 29, 2011

Timecrimes (2007) Review


Let me get one thing straight: There are two absolutely awesome movie magazines, Empire and Total Film, both british, both genius. But only Total Film also has a great website, http://www.totalfilm.com/, which is awesome because of one thing: the features!

They just had one on the best time travel movies and on this list I found Timecrimes (Los Cronocrímenes) by Nacho Vigalondo. I knew all the movies on the list besides this one. So I went and finally got my hands on a DVD of the movie and watched it last night.

The setup is interesting with a guy just accidentally stepping into a whole time travel mess and trying to get out of it without causing more trouble. It's mindbending, sometimes ludicrous and at times just plain illogical and silly but boy, this movie kept me at the edge of my seat. It has a dark tone, almost black humorous and is anything but pretty and that's exactly what I liked about it.

So if you're into time travel and like to think while you're watching a movie, give this one a try, you shouldn't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment