Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Me And You And Everyone We Know (2005) Review


I already pointed out in an earlier post how much I like to explore movies off the mainstream. And it seems to just keep going, there's so much more stuff going on than just comic book adaptations, sequels and computer animated children's films. So let's get to business: Miranda July's Me and You and Everyone We Know.

If you haven't heard of her or her films, she's a performance artist-turned-filmmaker and you can feel her origin when watching this movie. I'm not gonna spoil anything for you but it's way more offbeat than I initially thought.

Everything that's happening in the film seems random, ambiguous and improvised and this is essentially the breaking point where your taste has to decide what you'll make of it. If you like your movies in a classic three act structure with flawlessly beautiful people and Hollywood gloss then don't even bother thinking about this film, you won't be pleased.

For everyone else who's more open to experiments there's a lot to be charmed by. The film's improvised but still artsy feeling allows for moments of great emotion and sometimes insane hilarity, as I said I could spoil it for you but I won't, it's just great, these moments made the film for me. If you consider yourself a movie lover who's open to new things then go and experience this unique little motion picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment